Monday, April 18, 2011

Adoption

With another holiday just around the corner, my thoughts wander to....family. When I was 7 days old, God blessed me with 2 absolutely wonderful parents. Not my birth parents, but my adoptive parents. I call them my REAL parents. They are the parents that were there when I needed braces on my legs because I was so pigeon toed that I would trip myself, (yes...Forest Gump braces), they were there when I rode my bicycle around and around falling on a regular basis, only to have them cheer me on after each crash, they were there when the only boy "I will ever love" broke up with me and I was sure it was the end of the world. See thats what parents are, they don't have to be "BLOOD" to be real.
 I always knew that I was adopted, even before I knew what it meant. Growing up I was never curious about my "birth parents". Not until I became older and had children of my own did I begin to wonder. Who are they.....do I have any siblings......why did they choose adoption.....do they ever think of me.....what do they look like......do I look like either one of them.....how about my medical history???Questions.......with no answers. I was adopted through a private adoption so finding my birth parents was a little more complicated. I did, after alot of searching and questions, I found my birth mother. Actually my birth mothers brother found me. Its a long story as to how he ended up contacting me, but he did and gave me a little insight on some of my questions. My birth mother is still alive, I have an older brother and sister and a younger brother and sister. She was an unwed mother when I was conceived. He gave me her address and phone number and I took it from there. Afraid to call I decided to write a letter. That was almost a year ago. I have yet to hear back from her. I pray that before the good Lord takes her home she will reach out to me. Do my siblings know anything about me? Does my birth father even know he has a daughter? Does she ever think about me? So many unanswered questions.
I do have one thing I want to tell my birth mother.......THANK YOU!!!! You made the BEST decision you could have ever made. I have had a FANTASTIC life and have the most WONDERFUL parents that a girl could ever ask for. I couldnt have not picked out better parents.

So birth mother....wherever you are......im fine, as a matter of fact IM FABULOUS!!! I have a beautiful life. I have had some tough times in my life, I lost a husband when our second son was only 7 weeks old, but I came out on top through God's undying love for me. God has blessed me with an absolutely wonderful husband, one I never dreamed possible. I now have 4 sons instead of 2. I have found out that you dont have to give birth to children to love them any less than the ones you give birth to. I also have daughters!!! My husband has an older daughter who is as beautiful on the outside as she is on the inside. He also has a younger daughter who has so much energy she makes me tired watching her. :-) Life is good. I do pray that one day I will get to thank you in person for giving me the gift of life. You could have choosen a different road but you didnt. And for that..I am truly grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment